Cutest

Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Snowy Day

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Skates in Christmas & Winter Decorating & Free French Script Skate Image


Glittered Up Skate
Skates are a popular motif these days.  Many of us are using them in our Christmas and winter decorating and crafts. Are you? These are some of my favorite inspirations pictures.  I can't decide between them. I want to try them all!


Sled & skates on porch...

Source

Skate as door hanger stuffed with greens...

Source

 Skates in a wreath of greens with tartan bow...

Source
Glittered up skate centerpiece...

Source

 I really liked the glittered up skates but wasn't ready to commit. I decided to make a  cut out pair of skates and glitter them up instead. Cheap. Cheerful. Fun. I used heavy white paper and cardboard from a cereal box because it was what I had at hand. Foam core would work great. The less I spent the better, since I wanted them to be disposable.


I am going to try a pair cut from brown paper - I'll let you know how they turn out.


 Here is how I am using  my glittered up paper skates.



I made a French script version also. I think these would make nice tags.



Every gift which is give, even though it be small, is in reality great if it is given with affection.
-Pindar

Thanks for visiting!
Susan


1 comment:

  1. Hi Susan, thats a sweet idea. I love winter decoration. When we have snow, I use an old childrens sledge for decoration. Thank you for sharing this wonderful pictures and for your visit and the sweet comment on my last tea post.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave a message. I love to hear from you!