Cutest

Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Snowy Day

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Tea in the Craft Room #2 White & Cream Shabby Romantic Christmas Ideas

White and Cream Christmas Project Ideas
Shabby Romantic Decor

Welcome to my craft  room. Today my projects have a cream and white Shabby Romantic theme. I want to show you a few touches I made for my little sanctuary.
A pot of tea is at hand.
I am using an  ironstone tea pot by Canonburg Pottery.
The cup and saucer are yuletide, by Staffordshire Engravings.

Last year I made a wreath and luminaries from old book pages.

I also made this little tree from a scrap of old lace and decorated it with vintage pearls and rhinestone broaches.
What next?
These little shoes are darling. They make me think of Clara dreaming of the Sugar Plum Fairy.
So sweet!:
web
 These look they were spray painted and given a coat of iridescent sparkle. The banner could be printed out right on the computer. It looks to me like the insole has been relined with cotton batting or a heavy fuse-able coated with iridescent sparkle and the edges trimmed. There are a couple cans of white spray paint in the workshop. Since the embellishments are mostly things I have on hand in the craft room, I am going to try to make three sets, one for me, two for sale. I found children's ballet slippers on eBay for as low as 1.99USD. Shipping is about 5.00USD on the ones I checked out. New canvas were listed for as low as a couple dollars, coming from outside the USA.  I am going with the leather pre-owned, a small children's size. I put in my bid. Fingers crossed. Wish me luck!

51 Exquisite Totally White Vintage Christmas Ideas:
web
I am mad for bleached pine cones. (I lived on the outskirts of the Pinelands for twenty years, which made me an unofficial Piney for the duration of my residency. Since my roots are the shore, I'm still nothin' but a clam digger.) Pine cones are free! Bleach is cheap!  Gotta love cheap and free. I have lace, raffia, and burlap. By using my trifle bowl and a candle on hand this one is a done deal. I can switch it up from Shabby Romantic to Coastal by adding some shells. If I collect enough small roundish pine cones I'll make a garland by tying small bleached pine cones to a length of gardeners twine

http://www.thebeautifulengland.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/White-Christmas-Decorating-Ideas-10.jpg
web
This is pure eye candy. Isn't it terrific?

Decoration, Pictures Of White Christmas Trees Decorated How To Decorate Christmas Tree: Elegant And Minimalist Style White Color Christmas Decoration Ideas
web


Button star. I like this. Kinda farmhouse glam with the pearly buttons and the grapevine star.  Looks like a lot of buttons...I can see the cost adding up quickly. I don't know that I want it enough to spend the money for the buttons, and I don't foresee a margin for profit. Back burner this one. Although, I'll be keeping an eye open for deals on buttons. 
52 Flea
The teapot is empty. It's a beautiful day - perfect for a little beach combing. I'm off to search for shells, drift wood, and pine cones which can be found in the same area.
For more 
Shabby Romantic White and Cream Christmas.
Check out this post at 53 Flea. So many great inspiration pictures. 
and 
visit Karen at
Learn how to make your own Vintage Style Snowman!
She is the Queen of Cream and White Romantic decoration. 

For More Christmas Awesomeness visit 
Christmas Tour
 Debbie brings a spirit of fun to everything she does.
Her blog is like a visit to that great upbeat neighbor who always has time for a cup of tea.

Ahoy Mates!
candy corn mug rugs by Peters from USS Craftsy, featured at FineCraftGuild.com
USS Crafty
Visit Navy Wife Peters Aboard the USS Craft for great sewing and crochet and craft projects.
I love this adorable candy corn owl tea mug rug she created.  Isn't this the sweetest thing?

 And make sure you check out her craft/ sewing room redo.

Creating My Craft Room

Linking up to these great parties

 http://jannolson.blogspot.com/2015/09/share-your-cup-thursday-168.html
http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog/2015/09/pink-saturday-september-26-2015.html
http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/2015/09/home-sweet-home-239.html
http://www.usscrafty.com/2015/09/submarine-sunday-share-it-sunday.html
http://www.finecraftguild.com/share-it-30-candy-corn-owl-mug-rugs-quilting-design-ideas/
http://maleviksrosentradgard.blogspot.com/2015/09/saturday-show-off-bloggparty_25.html
Saturday Show Off
Thank you Hakan for the invite to Saturday Showoff


Be kind.
I click here at Free kibble to feed shelter animals. You can too. It costs nothing but a moment of your time.

10 comments:

  1. Susan,
    Thanks so much for the Shout Out!! I will be giving you a return Shout Out in my next post and on Google +!!
    Love all the crafts you made and how your craft room looks!!

    Stunning!!

    Thanks again for the shout Out!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ballet shoes are so sweet and so dreamy!!! I'm going to give bleaching pinecones a try, and use them for Christmas. So many beautiful Christmas features and so much inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woow. thats really dreamy :)
    You are welcome to join my BlogParty
    SATURDAY SHOW OFF
    Hugs from Håkan in Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, these are so precious. Where do I begin. The star with buttons, the tree with lace, the lovely shabby romantic themed room. Love everything. I am going to pin! So glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all these cream and white shabby romantic ideas! I could do the pinecone candle centerpiece and I just love the ballet shoes! I probably have enough buttons to do the star.....I used to do button crafts. Pinning for future crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog through, The Charm of Home. Love all the creative ideas!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post and Christmas inspiration. The candle with the Noel is pretty as everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the lights on the curtains in your craft room! Looks gorgeous! And those slippers are adorable. And thanks for sharing my candy corn mug rugs! I'm glad you like them! Thanks for linking up at Submarine Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susan, love this new Christmas blog! I loved the things you made last year and I know that you will make the ballet slippers beautiful! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave a message. I love to hear from you!