Cutest

Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Snowy Day

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Gimme Some Rustic Christmas Love

**Never use plants which may be hazardous to children or pets where children or pets may come into contact with them.
Check it out! Dangerous Winter/Holiday plants


Balsam
Items found in nature are at the heart of
Rustic Christmas decor.

Cedar
For me, greens are the starting place for all Christmas decorating
 but especially for Christmas decorating with Rustic, Country, Primitive, or Farmhouse flair.
Juniper
Once Halloween is over I'll be gathering greens and things from nature to use in my holiday decorating.  I'll keep the greens in pots of water on the back porch to keep fresh until ready for use.

Holly
We'll take a moment here to talk about wreaths and garland and such. 
I usually construct my wreaths, grave blankets, and any roping I want to use the week before Thanksgiving. 
You will want to take the weather and when you hang your decorations into consideration. You'll want to avoid having to construct 40 feet of roping in the dark, bitter cold while your partner is standing on a ladder screaming, "I thought you said it was ready."

Here is an identification chart. Know before you go. haha.

Here are two great tutorials with clear, concise directions and good photographs by Brianna at Craft Thyme. I mean, why would I go to the trouble when Brianna has done all this work, right?
Craft Thyme - Great wreath tutorial!



Making Evergreen Garland - Craft Thyme
 (While you are done checking out the evergreen tutorials, take a minute to check out her tutorial on using gold leaf and other methods of gilding. I have some Magnolia pods that are going to be freakin' awesome painted gold!
How to gold leaf anything and everything. Tutorial on using all types of leaf on variety of materials
Craft Thyme


Okay. Now, Some Rustic Christmas Love.


In my Previous Life I embraced Primitive Style Decor. It suited the woodsy Pinelands area of New Jersey where I lived at that time, and it suited my old fashioned rural lifestyle.

Rustic Christmas Love Is . . .


 homemade pine cone wreaths, old sleds decked out in greens and 
wide plaid bows. . .
[DSC07469[6].jpg]
All Roads Lead Home
 Old lanterns, galvanized buckets, barn ladders, and plenty of holly, ivy, and red ribbon.


pretty winter greens arrangement ....:

Some tin, some rust, some strips of homespun fabric...

Old Grater...filled with Christmas pine, cinnamon sticks & a star.  By At Home With K -Holiday Home Tour.  There are some fabulous Christmas decorating ideas on this blog.:
Christmas Tour
  Old Ball jars filled with peppermint sticks.

Christmas Around the Farmhouse
 Twigs, and sprigs of holly tucked amongst the jars.

rustic+christmas+decorations | Sometimes Rustic Christmas Decorations Are Just ... | Christmas Decor:
source

Primitive setting.  I love the old crocks and hanging stockings.  The wall color is great!:
source
 A cozy hearth with a special glow.

Marc designed and made these reindeer out of wine corks and twigs from his garden   Here on flickRa??:
source
A bit of Nature indoors.

Hand Lettered Peace on Earth sign http://bec4-beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.com/2014/11/12-days-of-christmas-kick-off-with.html:
12 Days of Christmas
Simple wishes.

Pair of Papier-mache Reindeer:
source
 Woodland friends.

And so much more...

Check out the sites below for some simple inexpensive ways to add some Rustic Christmas love to your holidays.

Simple Christmas



Making Birdseed Ornaments



Thanks for stopping by.

Wishing you lots of Christmas love.
Susan 

2 comments:

  1. Susan,
    I see you have been busy posting here on your Christmas Blog. I have to catch up.... Great ideas here!! Thanks for sharing..... I did my Rudolph Day post and revealed my Secret on my Christmas Blog.......

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw! Thank you for visiting. Happy Rudolph day!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave a message. I love to hear from you!