Cutest

Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Snowy Day

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Joyuex Noel



Ah, Paris!
Only you can make a cold, rainy, dreary afternoon romantic.

 
At least the Paris of my imagination.


 A mythical Paris, part film noir, part 1930's mystery novel,  

 with a touch of Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn thrown in.

 
I am sharing some inspiration images. Every year the Girl Child comes home for Christmas break to a bedroom  that has been transformed into a wonderland of some kind. It is not always easy to have a step mother, even when you are Mostly Grown. It is a little way to say,
 I want you to feel special.


Right now I am thinking a black and white French theme. Lots of little lights,


Sweet vintage photos tucked here and there.


French Typography in little frames could grace the tree.



 Silver and white stars and trees, and clear ornaments would add glamour.


Maybe a little French village ?


Like the one I made from the children's page of old French newspapers?

And there must be an Eiffel Tower!






And a banner that reads
Joyuex Noel


 There will bunches of greens, and (faux) mistletoe tied with ribbon.


Now, I will tell you a couple of my favorite Christmas Children's books are

Image result for babar and father christmas


So they may come into play also.

We shall see!

I am off to seek inspiration from Botantic Bleu  PennyWise, and Creative Home Expressions my go-to for french inspiration.



Have you any ideas for a French inspired Christmas bedroom?

I hope you'll share them!

Susan

9 comments:

  1. Susan,
    So pretty especially the village setting!! Love it!! Happy Thanksgiving , my friend!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Debbie. I'm always happy to hear from you.

      Delete
  2. Hi Susan! What a festive blog!

    Thanks for linking with my No Rules Weekend Blog Party and for the follow..I've added you back on G+ :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paula. I look forward to more visiting over the weekend.

      Delete
  3. Hi Susan,
    What a cute post! Madeline books are my favorite! That's all there is, there isn't anymore. :) I used to read those books and watch the show with my daughter when she was little. Sweet memories.
    Thanks so much for your recent visit and so glad I could inspire you to make changes to your cabinet! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Gina. Hope to see you soon!

      Delete
  4. I so enjoyed getting lost in the magic that is "Christmas in Paris!" The romance, the mystery, the beauty....it's all here! Joyuex Noel, Susan!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave a message. I love to hear from you!