Cutest

Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Snowy Day

Sunday, December 6, 2015

Tea in the Craft Room # 7 - Merry Christmas Banner

Welcome! 
Pick a tea cup and make yourself comfortable.


Perhaps you would like this colorful Royal Albert cup?
This bonnet planter lady looks like a cup of tea is just what she needs after  a day of Christmas shopping.

Today I want to show you a banner I made a few years ago.


 I love the sparkle and festive colors.


I gathered some chipboard letters, a length of garland, some pink and blue card stock, a box of tags I'd bought on clearance, and some medallions I made from printed out vintage images.  A hole punch, some gold cord, glue and small scissors.

There is a television in my craft room and I put on a classic Christmas movie for company.

Holiday Hi-jinks. Witty Repartee. Period fashion and furnishings. Period Christmas decorations. 
I love Sassy Old Movies set during the Christmas Season.

A quiet afternoon in my craft room with a simple project, a pot of tea, and a classic movie? 
Yes, please!







Christmas in Connecticut


 The Thin Man



Desk Set



The Lemon Drop Kid (the 'Silver Bells' movie)




For more Christmas Time Movie Suggestions check out




Thank you for joining me !
Susan 

6 comments:

  1. Your banner us very charming! I'd like to sort through the pretty tags, enjoying them the same way you'd browse a shelf of library books in the craft section!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want that "shopping lady" planter. She is too cute! Merry Pink Saturday!

    Cottage Blessings,
    Rebecca
    Chippy White Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this vintage banner and the whole idea of tea in the craft room--my happy place for sure. Are you familiar with October Afternoon? They have a wonderful vintage paper and ephemera line that looks like this style. "Under the Tree" is this year's Christmas line. Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas, Susan! I'm really delighted to see that you're prepared for Christmas:) I'm thinking of a movie and can't make up my mind what to choose to watch this evening. Perhaps, The Thin Man:)
    With love,
    Samantha Grass

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, I didn't know you had a Christmas blog. How delightful!! Your banner is very fun. Love paper crafts. And Christmas movies. I'm planning on watching some while I do my Christmas cards in the next couple days. Love Christmas in Connecticut.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Christmas banners and yours look so festive! Merry Christmas! Hugs, Poppy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave a message. I love to hear from you!