Cutest

Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Snowy Day

Friday, December 18, 2015

Tea in the Craftroom #8 - Glitter Luminaries


It's a blustery day, perfect for a cup of tea and an
 afternoon in the craft room.  Grab a mug and make your self at home. Today I am working on these easy-peasy glitter luminaries.

I  love luminaries and inexpensive, quick and easy crafts in equal measure, so I really love these.

*** 
 Back in the late 60's and the 70's I adored the frosted candles 
that were popular around Christmas.

Vintage Frosted Christmas Candles
 I remember how grown up I felt spending a whole dollar to buy one for my mom's Christmas present.



Quite a jump up from the ten cent Anchor Hocking mini vase of the year before!
 Anchor Hocking mini vase, green, ruffled edge

I have made a variety of luminaries over the years including these, which I shared on my main blog, Eclectic Shorebird, last year.





 What is easier than glitter and glue? Popping a battery powered tealight into a jar!


Who doesn't love embellishing?  I hoard bits of plastic garland, and vintage Christmas do-dads for projects like this. 
 

This project was perfect when I wanted to beef up 
some Shabby Pink & Pastel Christmas vignettes.




Here are a few images I have used in this project. They are from my personal collection of vintage Christmas cards.






 So that was the long way to get to say this,
I am making some silhouette luminaries this year.



I have been beguiled by black and white Christmas decor and
since my mom found me a fab white Christmas tree, prelit, for 25.00 I have decided my winter project will be creating decorations with a black and white theme.
 But more on that later.

Thank you for joining me for tea in the craft room.

 Wishing you a Merry Christmas!
Susan

Joining these great parties

Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson


and if you missed it before, check out her
welcoming front porch here
Creating Christmas
and link up
with the
Creating Christmas Link party open until
December 24th.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Susan, those do take me back to the 70's, how funny! Your creations turned out really pretty! Thanks for sharing with us!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, I love your glittery luminaries! The images are just precious. I need to check out your how to's. Have an idea, but would be a fun project for next year. Can't wait to see what you do for Winter décor. I'm making a few faux snowballs. Thank you sweet friend for the shout out about Creating Christmas and for sharing with SYC. Wishing you the best of the best New Year!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave a message. I love to hear from you!